Minutes of Committee Meeting – 10th May 2021 (via Zoom)

Those present: Celia Pardoe, Reha Derici, Geoff Seymour, Brian Oakley, Brian Sidoli-Morris

  1. Election of Chairperson. Reha Derici: proposed by Brian SM and seconded by Brian O.

2. Fiona & Clive Hunt were welcomed to the meeting to explain their proposal to form an Informal member Group attached to the Shropshire Branch of Cycling UK. After taking a number of questions they left the meeting.

3. Apologies: received from Margaret Westhead and Peter Lobban.

4. Discussion took place on item 2 above and it was unanimously agreed that an Informal Member group could be established attached to the main Cycling UK Shropshire Branch and be based in Church Stretton under the rules set out by Cycling UK. It was further agreed that this Group be publicised on our own website. Brian O to contact Peter L.

5. Treasurer’s Report: No financial activity since the AGM.

Dave Hill the current auditor has agreed to continue in that position.

Celia Pardoe and Geoff Seymour agreed to be signatures to the account and their signatures and any other details required by the Bank are shown in an addendum to these minutes. Brian SM to facilitate.

6. Celia agreed to be the Club Welfare Officer (JD ! in CUK handbook); Track & Trace Officer: Margaret W.; Membership Secretary Brian O.; Webmaster: Peter L.; Ride Secretary: Sunday Cruisers – Brian SM;  Midweek Brian O. until September 30th 2021.

7. Brian O agreed to contact Peter L re. updating pictures on website and also the full re-instatement of the email ride alert system.

8. Brian SM reported on the Sunday Cruisers

9. Brian O reported that the Tuesday group had re-started but numbers were still low and was expecting the Thursday group to re-start soon. Many still concerned about safety around the pandemic but as the country moves out of restrictions we look forward to normality.

10. AOB: Brian SM was congratulated on his submission re. the NWRR.

            We have been approached by the Cycle Advocacy Network for support with a Cycling UK representative to join them. Brian O to approach Brian Nelson to see if he was interested in representing us.

It was agreed that C4All, which is affiliated to Cycling UK, be represented on the Committee.

It was agreed that Jean Breakell be nominated as a Ride Leader. Proposed by Brian SM and seconded by Brian O.

11. The date of the next meeting will be Wednesday 25th August (Hopefully in person at the Meole Brace Church Centre) Confirmation by the secretary nearer the time.

Please leave a comment...