Ride to Trewern/Melverley (CMU/H)
This ride now has a change of destination & a change of Ride Leader.
The ride will be via The Bulthy, returning through Criggion and Melverley (40 miles approx). It’ll go a couple of miles into Wales on minor roads looping around Rodney’s Pillar. There won’t be a cafe stop, so bring food & sandwiches for a picnic stop.
The weather forecast is very good.
Sunday Cruisers Group rules: – As at 17th Sept
These summarise & interpret Cycling UK’s latest policy dated 14th Sept. Everyone riding has the responsibility to comply, in order to meet their own & the group’s legal obligations, & for CUK Ride Leader & the individual’s insurance to remain valid.
• Screening: Don’t attend if showing symptoms
• Group size: individual group max of 6 riders (by law), but multiple groups permitted
• Meeting point: Extra & obvious distancing between riders (suggest 4m)
• Sign-on process: Ride Leader to complete sign-on sheet; allocate riders to Group#1 (faster riders) or Group#2; issue armbands to Group#2 – wear on right arm (washed/sanitised between rides) – these provide external visibility of the different groups; allocate experienced Group#2 rider (preferably a Ride Leader) as it’s Navigator & provide a copy of the route along with route’s pre-assessed risk factors
• New Riders: provide contact details (name/mobile#/email address) for Track&Trace
• Route: Ride Leader will wherever possible avoid busy areas, paths, joint cyclist/pedestrian lanes; simple route to aide Group#2’s follow-on/navigation
• Food: Sandwiches only/No café stops
• Stops: 11’s & lunch in quiet/open locations
• Segregation: Riders remain in their allocated Group at all times; Groups must not come into contact with one another on the road (as a guide, suggest 300m or 1 minute as a minimum); Groups must retain segregation at 11’s & lunch stop; Back Marker of each group should keep the group reasonably compact so that it can be seen to be two distinct groups (rather than one in “washing line” formation)
• Social distancing: ideally 2m but minimum 1m plus – avoid bunching/pelotons – avoid slipstreaming – avoid shouting (Ride Leader may intervene if blatant/continuous disregard for safety)
• Main roads: split into smaller sub-groups (for easier overtaking)
• Emergency/Injury: minimise contact; wear mask/plastic gloves (dispose afterwards); don’t share equipment/tools; call ambulance immediately rather than assessing injuries (unless obviously minor)
• Track&Trace: Ride Leader to provide BSM (Sunday Cruisers Rides Co-Ordinator) subsequently with the sign-on details (not the form) – names of regulars sufficient; BSM to collate & provide full details to MW (Club’s Coronavirus Officer) within 48 hours
• Other: use common sense
[Refer to CUK website for full advice & guidance]