Ride to Hanmer Mere (CMF/U)
This is the 2nd ride after we’ve been able to restart club rides & the start is the usual Sunday Cruisers location of the Square, Shrewsbury at 9:30.
This time we’ll be going to Hanmer, north-east of Ellesmere – it’ll be 44 miles long & pretty flat, with only a few little lumps. The weather looks as if it’ll be kind to us, so we might even have some sun for the intended picnic overlooking Hanmer Mere (should be some seats there).
Don’t forget to bring food & drink as I’m not scheduling a cafe stop & it’s doubtful that there’ll be anywhere available en route to get these.
PS: Currently we’re permitted to ride in groups of up to 15. However, this could well be changing from Monday 14th as the government intends to introduce tighter restrictions. I will be checking details/implications as these become available & also discussing with relevant/appropriate members of the committee. As usual things will probably be open to interpretation. I’ll issue out an update next week as to how it will affect our club rides.
Hope to see a good few of you out,
• Screening: Don’t attend if showing symptoms
• Group size: max 15
• Sign-on sheet: Ride Leader to complete & thereafter pass details (not the form) to BSM for Track&Trace
• New Riders: to provide contact details (name/mobile#/email address) for Track&Trace
• Route: wherever possible, avoid busy areas, paths, joint cyclist/pedestrian lanes
• Social distancing: ideally 2m but min 1m plus – avoid bunching/pelotons – avoid slipstreaming
(Ride Leader may intervene if blatant/continuous disregard for safety)
• Main roads: split into smaller groups (easier overtaking)
• Stops: 11’s & lunch in quiet/open locations
• Food: Sandwiches/No cafes for the time being (unless stated otherwise)
• Other: use common sense
[Refer to CUK website for full guidance]